Based in Retford, Nottinghamshire for over 40 years, Moody Direct Ltd are process and packaging engineers serving the dairy, food, pharmaceutical and beverage industries. For more information about who we are and what we do, click here.
As an organisation, our people are the heart and soul of who we are. Many of our staff started as administrators, stores assistants, and trainees and have gone on to be an integral part of our management team. We encourage internal progression for individuals who are ambitious, talented and willing to go above and beyond. Take a look at how some of our long-standing team members started out, and where they are today:
Trainee Stores Assistant
We’re currently recruiting for a Trainee Stores Assistant to aid in the picking and packing of sales orders and service requirements. If you’re interested in applying for the role, read the full job description below:
We’re looking for a full-time office admin to primarily assist our sales and purchasing teams with their day-to-day office duties. The successful candidate will be confident when using a computer, willing to learn, and flexible. For the right individual, this position offers the opportunity to progress into any department within our organisation.
We will also consider this role as an Apprenticeship for the right individual looking to gain a qualification.
To carry out general administrative tasks within the accounts team including but not limited to:
- Issuing invoices and monthly statements;
- Processing supplier and customer invoices;
- Processing external post;
- Raising purchase orders;
- Processing of credit card statements;
- Managing and monitoring employee workwear;
- Managing and ordering stationary;
- Answering telephone and resolving supplier queries;
- Maintaining accurate records for employee holiday requests;
- Assisting with marketing correspondence, material or events as and when required;
- Preparing conference room for monthly board meetings;
- General ad-hoc admin duties;
The ideal candidate will be looking to learn or develop their accounting knowledge and is ambitious to progress within the accounts team. The right candidate may also be offered support towards attaining the AAT qualification. Read the full job description below:
The successful candidate will learn and develop TIG welding skills used in the assembly and installation of engineering projects incorporating stainless steel pipework and equipment used in a food environment. In addition to learn and develop skills in the repair and refurbishment of process and packaging equipment. Read the full job description below:
Projects Engineer / Manager
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experienced in the design, installation and commissioning of hygienic liquid process systems, including but not limited to:
- Liquid storage solutions
- I.P systems
- Mixing / blending systems
- Automated process control and routing systems
- Process skids
- Process system design, incorporating pumps, valves, heat exchangers, tanks, instrumentation, separators, homogenisers, etc.
- Compiling user requirement specifications and managing sub-contract electrical, pneumatic and PLC / SCADA works associated with bespoke process solutions.
- Delivering well-engineered solutions in full compliance with current legislation, including:
- Health and safety
- Risk assessments
- Method statements
- Good engineering practices
- Project management experience including planning, budgeting, scheduling and procuring materials and labour to ensure projects perform as designed, to the customers’ satisfaction and achieve targeted profitability;
- Thorough knowledge of the hygienic process and packaging industries, together with the associated capital plant and equipment;
- Skilled in the use of AutoCAD, and highly IT literate;
Previous experience from the dairy or beverage industries would be advantageous.
Read the full job description here: Project Engineer / Manager – JD
As a successful, growing business, we are always looking for talented, ambitious individuals to join our team in both commercial and industrial roles. If you think you would be a great fit with Moody Direct, send in your CV and Cover Letter to:
Post: Becky Pearse, Moody Direct Ltd, West Carr Road, Retford, Notts, DN22 7SN.