Based in Retford, Nottinghamshire for over 40 years, Moody Direct Ltd are process and packaging engineers serving the dairy, food, pharmaceutical and beverage industries. For more information about who we are and what we do, click here.
As an organisation, our people are the heart and soul of who we are. Many of our staff started as administrators, stores assistants, and trainees and have gone on to be an integral part of our management team. We encourage internal progression for individuals who are ambitious, talented and willing to go above and beyond. Take a look at how some of our long-standing team members started out, and where they are today:
Project Engineer / Manager
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experienced in the design, installation and commissioning of hygienic liquid process systems, including but not limited to:
- Liquid storage solutions
- I.P systems
- Mixing / blending systems
- Automated process control and routing systems
- Process skids
- Process system design, incorporating pumps, valves, heat exchangers, tanks, instrumentation, separators, homogenisers, etc.
- Compiling user requirement specifications and managing sub-contract electrical, pneumatic and PLC / SCADA works associated with bespoke process solutions.
- Delivering well engineered solutions in full compliance with current legislation, including:
- Health and safety
- Risk assessments
- Method statements
- Good engineering practices
- Project management experience including planning, budgeting, scheduling and procuring materials and labour to ensure projects perform as designed, to the customer’s satisfaction and achieve targeted profitability;
- Thorough knowledge of the hygienic process and packaging industries, together with the associated capital plant and equipment;
- Skilled in the use of AutoCAD, and highly IT literate;
Previous experience from the dairy or beverage industries would be advantageous. This role involves extensive travel and time spent away from home, therefore the successful candidate will hold a valid driving licence.
Read the full job description here.
Plate Heat Exchanger Service Engineer
The role of PHE Service Engineer will include the following daily duties:
- Receipting customer goods into the heat exchanger workshop
- Removal of heat exchanger gaskets
- Cleaning of heat exchanger plates
- Inspection of heat exchanger plates
- Re-gasketing heat exchanger plates
- Completing supporting Quality control documentation at each service stage.
- Disassembling, reassembling and testing of heat exchanger plates on customer sites
The ideal candidate will have:
- Full UK driving license (essential)
- Basic knowledge of mechanical engineering (advantageous)
- Ability to understand and follow written procedures
- Work tasks are of a physical nature, e.g. manual handling
- Requires a flexible approach to working hours, e.g. weekend work / weekday overtime as and when required
Full on the job training will be given.
As a successful, growing business, we are always looking for talented, ambitious individuals to join our team in both commercial and industrial roles. If you think you would be a great fit with Moody Direct, send in your CV and Cover Letter to:
Post: Becky Pearse, Moody Direct Ltd, West Carr Road, Retford, Notts, DN22 7SN.