Based in Retford, Nottinghamshire for over 40 years, Moody Direct Ltd are process and packaging engineers serving the dairy, food, pharmaceutical and beverage industries. For more information about who we are and what we do, click here.
As a successful, growing business, we are always looking for talented, ambitious individuals to join our team in both commercial and industrial roles. If you think you would be a great fit with Moody Direct, send in your CV and Cover Letter.
We are currently looking to recruit for the following roles:
Workshop / Site Operative
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to work within our workshop team in a range of capacities. Including:
– Working as directed by the Factory Manager
– Labouring tasks for all departments with priorities managed by Factory Manager
– Driving to sites across the UK to drop off or collect equipment and materials (must be willing to work away with overnight / weekend stays on occasion)
– To keep workshop & yard areas clean and tidy at all times
– To assist in other tasks that may be required by supervisory staff to ensure the efficient operation of the workshop
The ideal candidate will have:
– Previous work experience in a similar role
– Attention to detail
– Able to work overtime
– Able to follow instruction
– Excellent time keeper
– Driving Licence
– Fork Lift Truck Licence
It would be advantageous to have a mechanical / engineering background but not essential. Please follow the application instructions at the bottom of this page to apply for this role.
Separator Service Engineer
To carry out Service, Maintenance and Commissioning Work on Customers sites and in the Moody Workshops.
- To carry out Service, Installation, Re-location, Commissioning and Repair work within your skills and abilities. Focus on Centrifugal Separators with knowledge of Heat Exchangers, Homogenisers, Valves, Pumps, Fillers and other process and packaging equipment;
- To develop good working relationships with your customers and colleagues and to promote the activities of Moody Direct;
- To attend regular management meetings;
- To maintain good communication with other Service staff.
- To be included within the call rota;
- To ensure all paperwork is fully completed, kept up to date and submitted promptly as required. Eg, Service Reports, Timesheets, Expenses.
The nature of this position may involve extensive travel, so a driving licence is essential.
The purpose of this position is to build and install process and packaging plant and equipment items as detailed in schematic drawings provided by Project Engineers to food grade standards.
Key skills include welding of 316L 1.6 mm thick stainless steel tube using the TIG process. The position will also include additional duties and responsibilities when working away on site.
Applicants must hold a full driving licence and be prepared to travel extensively within the UK. Flexibility to work both weekdays and weekends is essential.
Apprentice Fitter/Welder – Closed to Applications
Our current apprenticeship vacancies are closed, please check back in February 2020 for apprenticeship roles starting Summer 2020.
If you’re interested in any of the above roles, you can apply by sending an up-to-date C.V. and accompanying letter, detailing the position you’re interested in, to:
Post: Becky Pearse, Moody Direct Ltd, West Carr Road, Retford, Notts, DN22 7SN.