Based in Retford, Nottinghamshire for over 45 years, Moody Direct Ltd are process and packaging engineers serving the dairy, food, pharmaceutical and beverage industries. For more information about who we are and what we do, click here.
As an organisation, our people are the heart and soul of who we are. Many of our staff started as administrators, stores assistants, and trainees and have gone on to be an integral part of our management team. We encourage internal progression for individuals who are ambitious, talented and willing to go above and beyond. Take a look at how some of our long-standing team members started out, and where they are today:
Progression Opportunities within Moody Direct Ltd
– 20 Years at Moody’s –
If you have any difficulties emailing your application, please contact us on 017777 701141.
PHE Technical Sales Engineer – North England & Scotland
We’re recruiting for a Plate Heat Exchanger (PHE) Technical Sales Engineer, to cover North England and Scotland. The ideal candidate will reside in the North and will have experience within a similar capacity, but transferable skills will be considered. As the role includes extensive travel, the successful candidate will be required to hold a full, clean driving licence. The full job description can be found on our website.
The full job description can be found here.
NDT Heat Exchanger Engineer
We’re looking for a NDT Heat Exchanger Engineer to join our South West Testing Team. Full training will be provided but previous experience with heat transfer solutions is advantageous, particularly with non-destructive testing.
The ideal candidate will reside in or close to the postcode area SN14, will hold a full, clean driving licence and be willing to work away from home when required. Depending on experience, the role may be available part-time.
The full job description can be found here.
This role is to support the existing accounts team with day to day tasks in relation to purchase ledger, sales ledger, company expenses, purchase orders, banking, BACs payments and timesheets.
The ideal candidate will possess 2 – 3 years of accounting experience gained within industry. They will need to be self-motivated, methodical and have a positive mental attitude.
You can find the full job description here.
Project Engineer / Manager
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experienced in the design, installation and commissioning of hygienic liquid process systems, including but not limited to:
- Liquid storage solutions
- C.I.P systems
- Mixing / blending systems
- Automated process control and routing systems
- Process skids
- Filling lines and product handling
- Process system design, incorporating pumps, valves, heat exchangers, tanks, instrumentation, separators, homogenisers, etc.
- Compiling user requirement specifications and managing sub contract electrical, pneumatic and PLC / SCADA works associated with bespoke process solutions.
- Delivering well engineered solutions in full compliance with current legislation, including:
- Health and safety
- Risk assessments
- Method statements
- Good engineering practices
- Project management experience including planning, budgeting, scheduling and procuring materials and labour to ensure projects perform as designed, to the customers satisfaction and achieve targeted profitability;
- Thorough knowledge of the hygienic process and packaging industries, together with the associated capital plant and equipment;
- Skilled in the use of AutoCAD, and highly IT literate;
Previous experience from the dairy or beverage industries would be advantageous. Click here for the full job description.
The ideal Service Engineer candidate will be:
- Hands on
- Interested in mechanical engineering
- Able to and willing to travel the entire UK
- Willing to work antisocial hours, weekends and away from home
The role will include on-the-job training alongside our trained engineers. However, any previous mechanical engineering experience would be advantageous.
Once trained, principle duties will be to carry out service, maintenance and commissioning work on customer sites. Equipment will primarily include pumps, valves, heat exchangers, homogenisers, separators and fillers.
The successful candidate will also benefit from expenses, paid travel time, company phone, credit card and van. OTE upwards of £40k and will increase as knowledge and experience is gained through training.
Full job description can be found here.
How to apply
As a successful, growing business, we are always looking for talented, ambitious individuals to join our team in both commercial and industrial roles. If you think you would be a great fit with Moody Direct, send in your CV and Cover Letter to:
Post: Becky Pearse, Moody Direct Ltd, West Carr Road, Retford, Notts, DN22 7SN.
Download an Application Form in Acrobat PDF format
Download an Application Form in Word DOC format