Based in Retford, Nottinghamshire for over 40 years, Moody Direct Ltd are process and packaging engineers serving the dairy, food, pharmaceutical and beverage industries. For more information about who we are and what we do, click here.
As a successful, growing business, we are always looking for talented, ambitious individuals to join our team in both commercial and industrial roles. If you think you would be a great fit with Moody Direct, send in your CV and Cover Letter.
We are currently looking to recruit for the following roles:
Separator Service Engineer
To carry out Service, Maintenance and Commissioning Work on Customers sites and in the Moody Workshops.
- To carry out Service, Installation, Re-location, Commissioning and Repair work within your skills and abilities. Focus on Centrifugal Separators with knowledge of Heat Exchangers, Homogenisers, Valves, Pumps, Fillers and other process and packaging equipment;
- To develop good working relationships with your customers and colleagues and to promote the activities of Moody Direct;
- To attend regular management meetings;
- To maintain good communication with other Service staff.
- To be included within the call rota;
- To ensure all paperwork is fully completed, kept up to date and submitted promptly as required. Eg, Service Reports, Timesheets, Expenses.
The nature of this position may involve extensive travel, so a driving licence is essential.
Electrical Service Engineer
We’re currently recruiting for an engineer with an electrical / instrumentation bias, ideally working in a field service environment, familiar with food & dairy processing.
- Electrical servicing and fault finding on hygienic processing equipment
- Calibration of instrumentation
- Technical interaction with engineering staff
- Providing support/fault diagnosis/knowledge to customers, both internal & external
- Providing Mechanical/Electrical/Commissioning support for Ice cream equipment
- Mechanical work where required – valves, pumps, fillers, etc.
- Multi-skilled role – utilizing mechanical skills where required, alongside electrical skills
- Panel building & electrical installation
- Project installation
- Project Commissioning
Fully qualified, time served electrician. City & Guilds 2382 17th Edition I.E.E Regs. Full Driving License – essential to the position
The purpose of this position is to build and install process and packaging plant and equipment items as detailed in schematic drawings provided by Project Engineers to food grade standards.
Key skills include welding of 316L 1.6 mm thick stainless steel tube using the TIG process. The position will also include additional duties and responsibilities when working away on site.
Applicants must hold a full driving licence and be prepared to travel extensively within the UK. Flexibility to work both weekdays and weekends is essential.
Apply today for our vacancy and you could be earning £30k + once fully qualified!
The successful candidate will learn and develop skills in the repair and refurbishment of process and packaging equipment. In addition, they will learn TIG welding skills used in the assembly and installation of engineering projects incorporating stainless steel pipework and equipment used in the food and beverage industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop a multi-skilled career within a friendly forward thinking company.
Junior Projects Engineer
The role will be to support the Project Managers in designing, quoting, winning and delivering well engineered project work in full compliance with all legislation (health and safety) and generally accepted good engineering practice whilst ensuring customer satisfaction.
Learn how to execute engineered projects under the instruction of the Project Managers in order to develop skills and progress within the projects division
To develop a thorough knowledge of the hygienic process and packaging industries. To develop project management skills and AutoCAD.
To carry out general administrative tasks within the accounts team including but not limited to:
- Issuing invoices and monthly statements;
- Processing supplier and customer invoices;
- Processing external post;
- Raising purchase orders;
- Initial processing of credit card statements;
- Managing and monitoring employee workwear requirements;
- Managing and ordering stationary requirements;
- Answering telephone and resolving supplier queries;
- Maintaining accurate records for employee holiday requests;
- Assisting with marketing correspondence, material or events as and when required;
- Preparing conference room for monthly board meetings;
- General ad-hoc admin duties;
The ideal candidate will be looking to learn or develop their accounting knowledge and is ambitious to progress within the accounts team.
Full job description click here.
If you’re interested in any of the above roles, you can apply by sending an up-to-date C.V. and accompanying letter, detailing the position you’re interested in, to:
Post: Becky Pearse, Moody Direct Ltd, West Carr Road, Retford, Notts, DN22 7SN.